We’re taking a break from the podcast, in part to teach an intensive summer class – which at times is more time-consuming and exhausting than the kind that goes on during the rest of the year! (But just as fun, if not more so.) We’ll be back soon, with more on subjects ranging from life on the beach, to American slavery, to a final investigation of “Reacting to the Past.”
In the meantime, here are a few things for you while we’re away and you’re jonesing for a podcast. Some homework, some reading, a few podcast references. Look forward to talking with you soon.
- Follow @alzambone on Twitter, and transition over to the Historically Thinking twitter feed when it launches in early July.
- Join the new Historically Thinking Facebook community, also opening its doors in early July.
- Conversations you’d like to hear during the fall term? We’d welcome your input at [email protected]storicallythinking.org.
- The Confederate Flag: Sometimes it seems that arguments are so old, you’ve forgotten all the questions. Maybe that’s why this forum from 1996 in Southern Cultures feels just as relevant now. Read it and become better informed than 99% of everyone with an opinion in 2015. (HT Episode 15)
- Alexander Hamilton, The Musical: It’s fun, and it has an argument about thinking historically.
- The Second World War has an Environmental History. (HT Episode 12)
- The Napoleonic Wars, summarised for you in one Daily Beast article. (HT Episodes 10 & 14)
- Why historians should stop referring to a certain epoch as “the Enlightenment.”