Another “Behind the Book” bonus episode, and one very appropriate for Memorial Day. This time I’m talking with John Slaughter, in his office at the Cowpens National Battlefield. John is the Superintendent of the Southern Campaign of the American Revolution Parks Group, which includes Cowpens, King’s Mountain, the Overmountain Victory National Historic Trail, and Ninety-Six. As you’ll discover, John is afire with enthusiasm for what he superintends. I think you’ll enjoy listening in to our chat, and I hope that you’ll consider visiting one or all of these parks as soon as you can. Certainly I will.
- Cowpens National Battlefield
- King’s Mountain National Military Park
- Ninety-Six National Historic Site
- Overmountain Victory National Historic Trail
- “Remembrance Days”: an essay I wrote years ago after first visiting some of these sites; the genesis of Daniel Morgan: A Revolutionary Life